Sunday, October 9, 2011

I Asked God

Thoughts on Prayer 

Praying after computerclass by jacco de boer
Photo by jacco de boer

Thumbing through my file cabinet the other day I found a poem about prayer from God's perspective.

"I asked God to take away my pride, and God said 'No.'
He said it was not for Him to take away but for me to give up."

It gave me pause. It's harder for me to give something up than having someone take it away because giving it up means I have to change my attitude about what matters to me.

What do think?   Is there something you have a hard time relinquishing to God?

1 comment:

Allison Martin said...

I think there will never be a day He doesn't ask for complete surrender, so if we can get in a good pattern of looking at what areas we need to "give up" to Him each morning, maybe the rest of the day wouldn't be such a struggle. This post gave me a lot to think about, Ellen. :)